1957 A School at NASGI
Top left, the instructor shows AT class how to adjust the controls on a signal oscillator in the test lab. Back to camera is Howard "Swampy" Marsh who later became a Stationkeeper. Behind and to the left of the instructor is Hal Neubauer who was a stationkeeper in Aircraft Maintenance then helped establish the original ASW Training Function. Later being recalled with VS-733.
Lower left, the AE instructor shows the class the interior of a generator armature. At the right is Jerry Mummery who also became a stationkeeper and was one of the four people who established the first ASW Training department.
Right top and bottom both groups attend class room instruction in one of the Aviation Technical Training buildings shown in the Historical Society photos of the base.
Copyright © 1999NASGIVM All rights reserved.
Revised: January 28, 2010